Sunday, October 25, 2015

FIRST Candy Club Box

Candy Club
The Candy Club is a Monthly Candy Subscription. Each month they provide you with at least 3lbs of candy. With signing up, taking a small poll for what you like, they figure out what you give you each month.  

Now Let's take a look into my box for this month...
First we have Sweet's Cotton Candy Salt Water Taffy.
Cool Fact- Instead of the Traditional way of making Taffy, Sweet's Taffy is Whipped instead of being Pulled.

Gimbal's Sour Gourmet Jelly Beans
Cool Fact- Located in San Francisco since 1898.They have 12 unique flavors such as blueberry, pomegranate, tangerine and mango to name a few.

Gimbal's Red Licorice Scottie Dogs
Cool Fact- This handcrafted licorice has been passed down four generations.

Sour Power Wild Cherry Belts
Cool Fact- This is their newest flavor and Sour Power has been around since 1985.

REVIEW
   Although these are some good looking candies, I can't say they were all good. I was actually very disappointed in this box, First impressions do mean everything ! They are advertised to be best candy company, so I expected just that. The best candy in this box is the Wild Cherry Belts. They are truly good and sour but not overly sour. The sour jelly beans are second best. They are the right amount of sour, little kids can eat them and will enjoy them. The flavor comes out when you eat them, the tangerine actually taste like tangerine, it's not that fake artificial flavoring. The salt water taffy would have made it the top three but I prefer a different flavor than cotton candy. Besides the flavor, the taffy was really fresh, fluffy and soft and that's the way it should be so thumbs up for that.
   The WORST candy of them all were the Licorice Scottie Dogs. Terrible, they are suppose to be strawberry favor but they taste like cinnamon and it's not a real flavor, it's definitely artificial flavoring. Just by the look of them you can tell they were going to be a little different, as I bit into one it was like a plastic taste as well as the "cinnamon" strawberry. Thumbs down for this product all the way.
   Overall, all the box wasn't as expected and I'm not sure if I will be getting another box next month. I wish we could have choice in the candy each month but I understand the surprise element. The way this box was set up, I'm not sure that the price is reasonable either. 27.99 per month plus taxes, if I would get a bad box like this every time I would just cancel and I'm not sure if I want to chance it. I did receive $20 off this box but with the extra charges it was $13.99 and believe me I could have kept that in my pocket. Next month is a whole new box, so for those of you who would like to try this company out you should. You can get $20 off your first box by using this code idea-p or twitter20.

No comments:

Post a Comment